Strony

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

What I'm Loving Lately



In the weeks following my study abroad experience, life has slowed down significantly. While I my bemoan my boredom to my friends, family, and anyone who will listen, in all honesty, I've really enjoyed this opportunity to mellow out for a change. With no set obligations and no time to get a job, each day is what I make it, and some are definitely more eventful than others. Besides seeing my high school friends, I've been keeping busy in other ways I'd like to share.

//Barre
While most of my day is spent moving from bed to couch to chair, I am not always loafing. I go to Pure Barre everyday to 'lift, tone, burn' as they say. I love taking classes there because my constant attendance has allowed me to get to know the instructors and other folks working out well. It's a welcoming and tight knit community, and we aren't afraid to break a sweat to tone our booty.

//Workout Clothes
Along the same theme as working out, I've been obsessed with buying work out clothes. I usually work out twice a day, barre then cardio, so to avoid wasting nice outfits, I spend most of my time in workout clothes. To me, the louder, more attention grabbing the outfit, the better. I'm easy to spot in sparkly goal or bright teal tights and a neon bra, and that's just the way I like it.

//Crafting/Dorm Planning
Though I will be in a dorm for  this year, I have visions of grandeur for the appearance of my little home away from home. I've spent a few days creating some quirky canvases, come up with jewelry storage options, and found burlap canvases to hang my photos on. I'm most excited about my gallery wall of inspirational pictures, courtesy of an incredible all-in-one Hobby Lobby pack (I may not agree with their politics but I love their products). My room's main accent color is all gold everything so I am counting down the days to glam it up.

//Online Articles - Buzz Feed and Beyond
As any good millennial knows, it's easy to get lost in the internet, watching videos, scrolling through IMDB or editing wikipedia. I try to use some of my time wisely by reading articles to better understand the world around me. Admittedly, I do find myself taking quizzes on Buzz Feed from time to time, but beyond that I've found several interesting reads lately. My favorite sites to look at as or late are Rookie Mag, Refinery 29, Medium, The Washington Post, XOJane and really anything else I stumble upon.
A particularly interesting article I read from Rookie Mag can be clicked here.

Predicted New Favorite for Next Month: Adult Coloring Books
There has been a recent trend of adult coloring books. I first noticed some of these for sale in various art galleries in Copenhagen, but just recently saw them in bookstores here. At first I wasn't interested but after reading several reviews by trusted bloggers I came to the conclusion that I had to check it out for myself. Yesterday I caved and bought an adorable book from Target that will match my dorm with its gold accents on the cover. I'll be reviewing it in a future post, maybe with some of my own creating pictures.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Avec Adrienne

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi